--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Just a thought, but what about identifying them as a PLL with a
> certain corner orientation?

Ewww!  I use block recognition for PLL.  If I recognize the PLL of a
non-all-oriented state, forget about it.  I would need some sort of
new system.  I haven't tried Dan's system yet, though, because I don't
use ZBLL yet. ;)

> Actually, right now I use VHF2L and a few extra tricks, and I'm
> getting better at getting OLL skips by adjusting where the pair is
> before inserting after edge orienting.  The odds without this are
> about 3.7%, but I think I've doubled it to 7.4%, and I'm working on
> another set of easy cases to get it up to 10.1%.  The only real
> problem with this is that some of my PLL's are very slow.

So work on them!  There are only 21 PLLs!  I have only 4 that take me
over 2.5 seconds now, and two of those are the damn N-perm. :(

~ Bob

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM