--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Burton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Chris,
>
> I was wondering what your opinion would be for an "advanced" Team BLD
> technique.  It would be based around ZB.  The first 3 pairs would be
> the same.  Then for the 4th pair, for example, instead of C3, you
> could say C3 bad front, to indicate that all edges are flipped
> correctly except the front one.  This would give a ZBF2L with almost
> no added cost (since the solves are longer, the small fraction of
> added recognition becomes less significant).  Then you can call COLL
> for the next step.  What I'm ultimately curious about, is if it would
> be possible to assign a simple system that you could use to
> distinguish among any case and easily decide what algorithm to use for
> full ZB.  Any thoughts?
>
> ~ Bob

When Heidi and I began trying team blindsolving in Orlando, we used
OLL+PLL.  Now, she's learning COLL, and I'm already much faster with
it than PLL.

Because we recognize cases the 'crazy' non-sticker way, it's easy to
explain the case.  You can give a side that the two corners that need
to switch are on, diagonal, or all correct, which is just the orientation.

However, I'm not sure how you could explain the ZB alg very well.
There are 12 sub-cases within each COLL case.  I don't know how you
would hope to distinguish between them verbally.

ZBF2L is very helpful, though.  Especially when you can get OLL skips
out of it.  I think it's definitely something worth pursuing.