--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What!!! Where did you find this girl? I can't even get Lisa to learn
> the 7 corner Orientations...

I found her in Minnesota. ;)  And the trick to getting her to learn
seems to be taking her to a competition.  She's almost halfway done
learning COLL since then, and she's working on VHF2L.  Getting her
pink and light blue stickers for her cube doesn't hurt, either. ;)

> > However, I'm not sure how you could explain the ZB alg very well.
> > There are 12 sub-cases within each COLL case.  I don't know how you
> > would hope to distinguish between them verbally.
>
> Sorry to harp on about it, but I think my naming scheme for the ZBLL
> case would be pretty useful. Using the "3 levels" concept
> (orientation, COLL case, edge permutation) you could always call it
> very easily. The codes for the edges are easy to learn, and are always
> the same for each case (I mean you never get anything outside of the
> set of 12)

Just a thought, but what about identifying them as a PLL with a
certain corner orientation?

> > ZBF2L is very helpful, though.  Especially when you can get OLL skips
> > out of it.  I think it's definitely something worth pursuing.
> >

> you also get OLL skips with VHF2L, although I don't know if one is
> better for it over the other, maybe Chris would calculate it for us :)
>
> Dan - team[zb] :)

Actually, right now I use VHF2L and a few extra tricks, and I'm
getting better at getting OLL skips by adjusting where the pair is
before inserting after edge orienting.  The odds without this are
about 3.7%, but I think I've doubled it to 7.4%, and I'm working on
another set of easy cases to get it up to 10.1%.  The only real
problem with this is that some of my PLL's are very slow.

-Mike
team [zb]