Hey Gilles,

That would be awesome thank you!  I'm also going to start searching
and including all the search lists for the algs for others to search
for ones they like too.

Here is the biggest problem.  We all have different styles.  I vastly
prefer RULM to anything else, and will often choose a sub-optimal RULM
alg over an optimal length one.

Also, some people are better at using the optimal algs and getting
them to full speed.

So here is the idea.  I am a self proclaimed RULM user.  I prefer RULM
to anything else, although I do have lots of RUF and RULFD types algs
that I like a lot.

So once someone finds a list of potential algs for a case I could
search for the RULM alg, and someone who is better at making the
optimal alg fast could search for that.

We can group ourselves accorind go out styles.  That way, on the
central site where we post these algs, each case will have upwards of
hopefully 10 different algs that are optimized for different styles.
If 10 isn't possible, at least a few to choose from.

I don't know the best way to set up this group interaction, perhaps we
can all vote for our favorite and vastly preferred styles to start
with.  I am very much a RULM solver though, and prefer it to all other
types by far.

If too many of us are the same style then we can branch out.  I also
like RUF a lot and could search for those.

Basically we need people to just search for algs in all types of
metrics, and people to sift through algs once they are found.  Imay
even be able to get Richard Patterson to help us for the sifting part.
 I am willing to run my processor 24-7 to search for algs, as well as
look for good ones among those found.

We should coordinate as a team and work on these together.  Let's
serioulsly turn team [zb] into a group effort to improve the ZB
method.  I do think with a truly optimized ZBLL, that this method can
be one of the best, if not the best.  But it will take a flawless ZBLL.

Let me know what you guys think.  I want to start with my
T-orientations case 1 algs first.  Most are sub-3 already, but I want
to optimize those that aren't and also research and provide algs for
different styles as well.

What do you guys think?  Should we make a database and divy up all the
COLL cases?  What would work best, I want as much input from everyone
as we can get so that everyone can enjoy what they are working on, and
do what they want to work on.

Chris
definitely still team [zb] as well

--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den Peereboom