Hi,

Since yesterday, zd1211rw has become far more usable:

1. Monitor mode works.

2. Connectivity with WEP-encrypted networks through iwconfig works.

3. Connectivity with WPA-encrypted networks through wpa_supplicant works, as long as you apply this kernel patch:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=114540506116921&w=2

All this will be available in tonights snapshot which will be generated within the next few hours.

Encryption/decryption actually happens in software which is good enough for now (at some point we'll be able to get that done in hardware). Remember to compile/load the appropriate kernel modules (e.g. ieee80211_crypt_wep).

I hope that the extra usability will encourage a few more people to test our work over the next few days :)

http://zd1211.ath.cx/wiki/DriverRewrite