Remco wrote:
If you mean the 'reference_lock.patch', yes. If I'm not mistaken the spinlock/unlock functions take the address of the lock, not the lock itself.

Correct, was just curious because I hadn't run into it.

Anyway, I passed your report onto Johannes Berg who set about implementing SIOCSWIMLME in softmac. There are now 3 patches needed against softmac:

1. http://softmac.sipsolutions.net/patches/softmac-events.patch
2. http://softmac.sipsolutions.net/patches/softmac-event-scan.patch
3. http://softmac.sipsolutions.net/patches/SIOCSIWMLME.patch

Note that the 2nd one will help wpa_supplicant be less confused as well.

You also need to patch zd1211 with the patch in the softmac-mlme branch of my tree:

http://dsd.object4.net/git/?p=zd1211.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=08d756e6ce26066c98058e5ec7bb4ffb6236c282;hp=7cb95fffd37ee816dd1dd9af799305713848c9bc

It's not perfect, this is what happened when I used wpa_supplicant to connect to a WEP network:

   eth1     Set Mode:Managed
   eth1     Scan request completed
   eth1     Set Mode:Managed
   eth1     Set ESSID:"devel"
   eth1     Custom driver event:authenticated
   eth1     Scan request completed
   eth1     New Access Point/Cell address:00:13:46:9E:9D:45
   eth1     Set Mode:Managed
   eth1     Set ESSID:"devel"
   eth1     New Access Point/Cell address:Not-Associated
   eth1     New Access Point/Cell address:00:13:46:9E:9D:45
   eth1     New Access Point/Cell address:00:13:46:9E:9D:45
   eth1     Scan request completed

But it works in the end. I also briefly tested connecting to a WPA-PSK network.

Would you mind retesting with those 2 extra softmac patches, plus the additional zd1211 wx hook?

Thanks,