Sami Sandqvist wrote:
> Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
>> Since I would like to stay with stable Sarge, I will not upgrade my
>> kernel. Which version of zd1211 do you suggest? With kernel headers
>> in place, is there anything I should do besides make after
>> downloading and untaring of the version that you will suggest?
>
> I had 2.6.8 in my mythtv box. I think i used r59 with it. You should
> try some newer releases to see which ones compile with 2.6.8.
> Maybe the developers can tell you what to use or you could read
> the list archives. r59 is new enough to use unpatched wpasupplicant
> with -Dwext. I've had weird stalls with every version, but it is
> probably because of the crappy USB hw in my mythtv box.

make was now successful for r59, too, but 'modprobe -v zd1211' fails:
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.8-2-386/net/td1211.ko
FATAL: Error inserting zd1211 (/lib/modules/2.6.8-2-386/net/zd1211.ko): Unknow symbol in module, or unknown perameter (see dmesg)

'dmesg' returns (three times):
zd1211: Unknown symbol usb_unlock_device
zd1211: Unknown symbol usb_lock_device_for_reset

That is the same error that I have had with the last r74 trial.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jan Henrik