Remco wrote:
> One thing that caught my eye was that Tx defaulted to ~1Mb/s and Rx seemed to
> adapt to the maximum speed possible.
> I was able to change Tx with iwconfig. However there seem  to be
> circumstances
> where Tx falls back to its lowest setting and I've been unable to get it back
> to a higher rate without a reboot. (init 2 / init 3 seem to trigger this, but
> restarting the network might do it as well. I didn't observe anything strange
> in the logs)

RX speed is not controlled by the driver, it is controlled by the other
end, although (depending on algorithms used) I guess the TX rate in the
opposite direction might have some influence.

Please file a bug at http://bugzilla.kernel.org for the "Tx falls back
to its lowest setting" issue. This is a softmac bug. Assign to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks!