--- On Sun, 6/12/09, Craig Niederberger <craign...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry about posting this
> configuration related question here, but I'm
> at my wits end trying to get an IOGear USB WiFi dongle to
> connect a
> TS-7800 ARM to a WPA2 Personal network via DHCP.
> # uname -a
> Linux ts7800 2.6.21-ts #1 PREEMPT Fri Oct 10 10:20:42 MST
> 2008
> armv5tejl GNU/Linux

> It looks like ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument may
> be the
> culprit, but when I tried Googling that in various
> incarnations, I got
> nowhere.

Get a new kernel. wireless-extension changes/enhances quite a lot - and that
looks like incompatibility between kernel interface and user-land tools. 2.6.21
is about 3-4 years old? You would be hard-pressed to find anybody at all who is
willing to help you at all on wireless-related issues for such an old kernel.
If you insist on using an antique kernel, you are mostly on your own.