L.S.

FYI

I just successfully (although with lots of warnings) the vendor driver
3.0.0.56 using Hin-Tak's patch set. (Version 2.22.0.0 also compiled fine but
crashed my box.)

*Without* the ZDCONF_R8610_FRAG_FIX parameter set in the Makefile, it runs
fine using an MTU of 1500 on my RDC3210 based linux box...

As mentioned, the community driver only works when telnet/ssh sessions are
used to access this box with a setting lower than 500.

So it appears that the ZDCONF_R8610_FRAG_FIX compile option has nothing to
do with this issue but there is some weird interaction between the community
driver (from standard 2.6.32 kernel) and this RDC3210 SoC processor
(integrated Mac/Phy).

ZD1211 / AR2524 is fairly old now; almost all USB Wlan sticks nowadays on
the market use different chipsets so whether it is worthwhile to further
investigate this bug(ette) in the community driver I can't estimate; if
required I can test further. In that case any clues how to investigate this
further?

Regards,

Ernst