From: "Hin-Tak Leung" <>
To: <>; "Ernst J. Oud"
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2010 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: [zd1211-devs] Problem with MTU > 500

Hmm, what's the hardware (the zd1211rw: ... line in your dmesg, you can
probably just grep zd1211 /var/log/message for it as well) may be all the
same. There are quite a few variants.

I don't know if putting compat-wireless on will help, but you could give
that a try. FWIW, the driver development has gone over to and changes goes directly into wireless-testing git; the
sourceforge zd1211 site isn't much more than the mailing list these days,
and even the mailing list isn't very active. (try the linux-wireless list
may be a good idea).

--- On Sun, 14/2/10, Ernst J. Oud <> wrote:

> Ok.
> Did some further experimenting. I remembered having an
> Thomson st121g USB WLAN stick and tried that (Prism
> chipset). With the same distro and config it works fine
> using minstrel or pid; i.e. with an MTU of 1500 no problems
> whatsoever. If I bring the box down and use my zd1211 stick
> instead (some distro/config) and boot it, it doesn't work
> with any MTU > 500 using pid or minstrel.
> So this must be some zd1211rw driver issue. It isn't the
> slackware setup and not the hardware; i.e. not the embedded
> box since the st121g works fine on it and not the zd1211
> stick since I used three separate sticks (from three
> different manufacturers: icidu, msi and cc&c) and they
> all have the same problem.
> Any further clues?
> BTW; the svn for the zd1211rw driver shows that the latest
> version is 3 years old?
> Ernst

Zd1211-devs mailing list -