In other words, some fonts are set so that ligature in word "Allah" is
activated automatically, meaning that a shadda and small alef are
added, causing "real" shadda and fatha to move to the right, making
them redundant. I remember having to explicitly remove this ligature
from some fonts to make them work (or at least deactivating the
ligature substitution).

Scheherazade font doesn't have this problem, Zekr Quran too:
http://yfrog.com/nsligatureissuej