In other words, some fonts are set so that ligature in word "Allah" is
activated automatically, meaning that a shadda and small alef are
added, causing "real" shadda and fatha to move to the left (above
ha'), making them redundant. I remember having to explicitly remove
this ligature from some fonts to make them work (or at least
deactivating the ligature substitution for the word "Allah").

Scheherazade font doesn't have this problem, Zekr Quran too:
http://yfrog.com/nsligatureissuej