On Tuesday, August 08, 2006 dkotschessa wrote:

>I like the general message of the movie, but it is not good science at
>all. There are some "koans" in quantum physics, such as the duality
>of light (wave/particle). There is a trend of people using these
>types of apparent gaps in logic to create a kind of portal for a lot
>of crackpots to ooze their way in.

These are real gaps, not merely apparent gaps.  Logic just does not cover
everything, especially those things in the real world (as opposed to the
subset of reality that we perceive and take notice of).  Logic is a system
that's been developed after-the-fact to try to explain reality, and is
retroactively force-fit upon reality.  Like grammar.  Grammar is a logical
system that was developed AFTER language evolved to try to explain it.  And
as we all know there are plenty of places where there are gaps in grammar -
real gaps, not merely apparent gaps.

But I do agree that there are plenty of 'crackpots' trying to exploit these
gaps for their own purposes.

..Bill!

Scanned by VisNetic MailScan for SMTP Servers.
Visit http://www.deerfield.com/products/visnetic_mailscan.