Anytime a group of people comes together to practice it is not "contrary
to Zen." That much should be obvious. We are all un-enlightened - and
all Sangha's manifest different aspects of ignorance. People always seek
out a Sangha where they feel comfortable and welcomed. Of course the
desire to be "comfortable and welcomed" is part of our delusional state,
but so is the very need for Sangha in the first place.
- Curt