--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone have three or so short, but poignant quotes regarding
> compassion?  Something from a great teacher or the sutras or like that.
> I read alot of Zen and Buddhist books, but can't remember quotes (I
> can't tell a joke, either; it could be five words long and I'd still
> screw up the punch line).

Gee I dunno, I laughed. :-)

> I appreciate any help you can give - I do a couple Websites/online
> forums and am always trying to slip Zen thought (non-thought) in under
> the radar; without being tooooooo preachy.

Well I'm sure there are a lot of good compassion quotations out there.
 But I'm wondering if that's where the action is. If you believe in
compassion, be compassionate.  And yet without holding the thought "I
am compassionate."  That's of far more benefit than a quote.

Ian