From: roloro1557 <roloro1...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Zen] Compassion
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 15 July, 2010, 4:58 PM

I am acquainted with a man who once thought he wanted to be a psychiatrist. He
got as far as doing his residency, which was working with men in prison. He
told me something that I have never forgotten.

He said; "When you work with these men and you hear their stories, you may not
agree with what they did, but you can certainly understand why they did what
they did. You don't think they should be let out of prison. But you can't help
feeling compassion for them."

Artie