Kathy,

I understand fully how you trying to "slip" through.....  Here is one I used a
lot.

>From Dalai Lama,
"Compassion is the undertaking to share the karma of others."

from one of his books on Compassion.  I don't remember the title.

Namaste,
Donald

Kathy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Does anyone have three or so short, but poignant quotes regarding compassion?
Something from a great teacher or the sutras or like that.  I read alot of Zen
and Buddhist books, but can't remember quotes (I can't tell a joke, either; it
could be five words long and I'd still screw up the punch line).

 I appreciate any help you can give - I do a couple Websites/online forums and
am always trying to slip Zen thought (non-thought) in under the radar; without
being tooooooo preachy.

Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real people
who know.