Dear  Allen:

It is very good for this group to come out with someone who does not
pretend something that is not.  And as for me and the short poem...Do
not worry too much.  It was something spontaneous and whatever
judgement I did not take badly.  It was actually quite good the way
Bill carried out.  However, I do agree with you that this Soho
tradition members do take buddhism to seriously.  Most of the
westerners do. But do not think for a second that that is normal.  I
have been a student from Thich Nhat Hanh for various years and I can
assure you that we do have a lot of laugh.  I do not know this Soho
tradition but so far my personal experience in this post an mostly in
a different one always from this soho tradition, it has been that
they have a lot of to catch up from Thich Nhat Hanh students.

No disrespect but that is how it feels so far.
A bow from
 Mayka

> Mayka's statements though perceived ungrounded by some, where real
> to her and based on her feelings. Which should not just be blown
off
> or aplogized for as unfounded. Maybe her expectations were too
high,
> or maybe those in the forest can not see the path for the trees.
>
> Perhaps balance is still forthcoming in the Tao of this board.
>
> This has just been my unenlighten observing opinion of my
> observations.
>
> peace

> --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Rogers <genesis6_8@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Alright,
> >
> >      I attended my first Zen sitting this Sunday in Charlotte,
NC.