I understand fully. While I do think that they take it seriously, I am sure
that Thich Nhat Hanh does as well. What I am trying to say is that we mean no
harm or insult in our seriousness. I am glad that you are here, you bring alot
of spirit to this group. By the way I did like your poem I thought it was very
nice. Also, you have shown no disrespect whatsoever.

Mayka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Dear Allen:

It is very good for this group to come out with someone who does not
pretend something that is not. And as for me and the short poem...Do
not worry too much. It was something spontaneous and whatever
judgement I did not take badly. It was actually quite good the way
Bill carried out. However, I do agree with you that this Soho
tradition members do take buddhism to seriously. Most of the
westerners do. But do not think for a second that that is normal. I
have been a student from Thich Nhat Hanh for various years and I can
assure you that we do have a lot of laugh. I do not know this Soho
tradition but so far my personal experience in this post an mostly in
a different one always from this soho tradition, it has been that
they have a lot of to catch up from Thich Nhat Hanh students.

No disrespect but that is how it feels so far.
A bow from

> Mayka's statements though perceived ungrounded by some, where real
> to her and based on her feelings. Which should not just be blown
> or aplogized for as unfounded. Maybe her expectations were too
> or maybe those in the forest can not see the path for the trees.
> Perhaps balance is still forthcoming in the Tao of this board.
> This has just been my unenlighten observing opinion of my
> observations.
> peace
> --- In, Phillip Rogers <genesis6_8@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Alright,
> >
> > I attended my first Zen sitting this Sunday in Charlotte,
> I could not keep concentration, my right leg fell completely
> my arms and back started to give me a fit and my butt ended up
> killing me. I could not remember when to gasho or how to effectivly
> do Kinhin. However, amidst all of that I had a wonderful time. The
> people were great and nice. We had a very lovely dharma talk. And
> what is more: when I was most uncomfortable in my sitting I found
> the strength to continue, even though it was so distracting. I am a
> real quitter, but the atmosphere and the dedication of the people
> kept me going. It has truly strengthened me in my endeavor to
> realize true mind. I look forward to next Sunday's sitting.
> >
> > May we all be well,
> > and may we all be happy,
> > Allen
> >
> > Mayka <flordeloto@> wrote:
> > Friends you seems so solemn and strict in your all
> practice that you
> > have nothing to share!.
> > Love from
> > Mayka

> > Never miss an email again!
> > Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it
> out.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.