Are You Kidding, Bill??? You made such a brilliant response to my
original question of 'What are the Precepts'? The key is the zazen.
To sit and clear your mind of all outside influences.

I followed a practice of solitude for years. Of study and zazen. A
solitary practice may be just what Daniel needs on his path of
Enlightenment.  I do agree that a Sangha can help, but that is
Daniel's right to choose.  Yes, solitary practice can be full of
pitfalls, but a disciplined mind can overcome them. And faithful
sessions of zazen will build that discipline.

My local Sangha became too Political, and I retreated to solitary
practice again.

If this is YOUR group, and Daniel can no longer share with us
because His practice does not follow Your Pathway, then I no longer
wish to participate. I will retreat to my pillow and breathe, and
contemplate the rising and falling of existence.

Sincerely,
          Chris

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Smart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No!  No!  No!  That's not okay!  If you don't stop trying to
practice
> alone RIGHT NOW, you can't be in the group anymore and you can't
> share anything with us.
>
> Please reconsider!
>
> ...Bill!
>
> --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, daniel sherwood <desherwood7@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'm going to try it alone for right now, But I'll share my
> expreiences with the group. Would that be Ok?

Seward,

_