...then were something more...

Robert Kirbo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 06:04:54 -0800,
anatmanwave
wrote:

> --- Just be with the smell of shit till i can get off. This is the
> reality of the situation. Maybe offer the guy a few kind words, I
> could only imagine his mortification. Guy

There is no guy on the train.  There is no train.  Get it?  This is just a
mental construct.

But it could be a mental construct that is positive or good.  Sure sh-t
happens.  However,
because we have minds, we also have choices to make about everything we
experience
and how we choose to experience...

On both a Zen and Quantum level, we have the power to form the
universe...when we
can select a positive choice we recreate the world of resulting changes
that are positive.
It is a gradual and ongoing process, not a singularity event.

What we deem to be good or bad is often very subjective, very brief and in
our ignorance
we fail to see the development of character and experience that provide us
with enriched
lives and the next layer of choices, etc., etc., if in doubt, start again
with the Eight-fold
path and progress from there...this is after all, a Zen forum, and Zen is
established on the
basis of Buddhism.  Buddhism addresses the essential dilemna of suffering,
duality, ignorance and
spiritual progress via the Eightfold Path.  We are bound most by our
mental constructs than we are the
world itself.  Liberation is a necessary step toward enlightenment, and
that comes only after we
give up our attachments to false belief and false desires.  Determining
the ultimate reality of
our existence is the basic and difficult daily work.  It is easy to trap
oneself in the illusion of the
world, and to spin fearful constructs based on "if."  Our lives take on
greater meaning when we understand that
happiness depends less on what we think we want, and realize that it
occurs most naturally to those
without expectation who delight in the moment of here and now, and delight
in the joy or
surprise of others.

The sound of one hand clapping sometimes is the moment when we slap our
foreheads and exclaim:

"Oh, Jeez, I have been such an idiot -- the solution has been in front of
me all along!"

That is why my forehead has such big creases in it.

Cheers,

Zenbob

reading! Talk about it today!