Chris wrote:
>Thanks
>The Pope of Zen
Chris, don`t take what you see, read or hear about yourself so personally. And
especially don`t carry around with you the anger or resentment you feel is
just. Al`s comment about you being the `pope of zen` was a long time ago but by
holding on to it the seeds of bitterness are being to show. We all know Al`s an
arsehole - but that`s because we see a bit of us in him and him in us (not
physically, but I hope you know what I mean..) But he also has an uncanny knack
of cutting thru` the bullshit which would otherwise make all of us here (except
me) look like wishy-washy, sappy flakes. Remember, EVERYONE is your teacher and
I think I may have mentioned to you before that nothing is good or bad but
thinking makes it so (Shakespeare). Do you know the story about the 2 monks
crossing a river when they came across a young woman and the senior monk
carried her across and put her down on the other side? About 2 miles later the
novice monk could contain himself no
longer and blurted out about how monks shouldn`t have contact with women and
the senior monk should be ashamed of breaking the rules etc. etc. to which the
older monk replied, `Oh her? I put her down an hour ago. Why are you still
carrying her around?`. Mike.
__________________________________________________________
Sent from Yahoo! Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail.yahoo.com