Thanks for your post, Mike.
Yes, I have heard the story of the monk carrying the lady.
It is a good one. And a very good way of illustrating my ability to
carry resentments of past regress. You know, I thought I was
completely over my harsh feelings for Al in past posts. I have
thoroughly enjoyed reading posts here for the past few weeks.
It's just that I have no tolerance for dis-respect. No
tolerance for one that dis-respects another while they are posting
sincere thoughts and beliefs. I like your point that my anger is
still not good, no matter the justification.
I guess I feel I am defending those who do not defend
themselves. I felt I was doing so when I was asked "Who are You? The
Pope of Zen!"... I took the tag proudly. Yes, I know a good
practitioner has no need to defend himself, and members such as JM
have responded with such eloquent retorts, but sometimes I feel you
have respond on such a level that the offender may understand.
Much respect, Mike, you and all others are good teachers
for me. I gain inspiration from many posts here. We can have any
kind of dialogue, but we don't have to be insulting while doing so.
Humbly,
Chris
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/