Hi Chris. No-one can piss for you and conversely you can`t piss for anyone else. If people choose not to respond to a perceived insult that is their choice. Furthermore, it might only be you who believes it to be an insult in the first point. There is a teaching technique in Buddhism called kahuna (spelling?) where the teacher uses the method mostly likely to be understood by a particular student. That is why one teacher might use a smile, a slap or an insult to get the same point across to 3 different students. I think in your case Al is spot on because he has exposed your inability to read, breathe and let go of perceived attacks on your ego. I think you might actually agree that this inability to laugh or respond with humour is an obstacle in your path. Can you see how Al`s `disrespect` is actually a GOOD teaching tool for you? Remember, everyone and everything every moment is your and my teacher. Now get a grip. Next time you get a slap! Mike.
----- Original Message ---- From: cid830 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [email protected] Sent: Thursday, 21 February, 2008 3:45:08 AM Subject: [Zen] Re: What It Is In 2008 Thanks for your post, Mike. Yes, I have heard the story of the monk carrying the lady. It is a good one. And a very good way of illustrating my ability to carry resentments of past regress. You know, I thought I was completely over my harsh feelings for Al in past posts. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading posts here for the past few weeks. It's just that I have no tolerance for dis-respect. No tolerance for one that dis-respects another while they are posting sincere thoughts and beliefs. I like your point that my anger is still not good, no matter the justification. I guess I feel I am defending those who do not defend themselves. I felt I was doing so when I was asked "Who are You? The Pope of Zen!"... I took the tag proudly. Yes, I know a good practitioner has no need to defend himself, and members such as JM have responded with such eloquent retorts, but sometimes I feel you have respond on such a level that the offender may understand. Much respect, Mike, you and all others are good teachers for me. I gain inspiration from many posts here. We can have any kind of dialogue, but we don't have to be insulting while doing so. Humbly, Chris __________________________________________________________ Sent from Yahoo! Mail. A Smarter Inbox. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
