JMJM, QUIT LURING ME OUT OF LURKING!  It's hard enough without such
challenging posts as yours.

My comments/respones are embedded in your post below:

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, Having Trouble Lurking Bill,

Yes!  I plead guilty to the charge!

> I love strong statement...  I always enjoyed your posting.

What other type of posting about zen could you expect?  A wishy-washy
posting?  Haven't you heard the zen saying:  When sitting, sit.
When walking, walk.  Above all, don't wobble!

> I don't "know" whether karma has a position in zen or not. I don't
> "know" where it belongs.  Do you?  :-)

Just THIS!

> I also don't "know" what zen is.   You have stated many times about
> "true zen" as "True zen".  Is there one?  Or is zen just one, the
ONE,
> which includes everything - form, formless, all right and
wrong......?

I'm not sure I ever used the term 'true zen', but in one of my weaker
moments I may have.  If I did use that term, and what I do continue
to assert is, that zen is not dependent on or a sub-set of Buddhism
or any other religion or belief systems.  I personally THEORIZE (not
assert) that zen may the the BASIS for Buddhism and most other
religions, but zen is larger than all these - a superset if you want
to call it that.

> That said however, I do like your statement that when there is no
you,
> nothing sticks.  Spiritually I agree.  However, Edgar may argue in
the
> physical world, if I am hit by a car, it was not me?

Edgar does argue that, and very well.

If YOU are hit by a car, or YOU are hungry, or YOU get
annoyed at someone's posting - where is that YOU that experiences all
this?  Show me!

> Is there cause and effect in zen?  small cap zen? I love your
> categorization and care in "your" dictionary.

Edgar and I have already contributed too much to global warming with
all the bit flipping we've done to contruct a plethera of posts
addressing this subject.  My position is zen (lower case 'z') is not
concerned with karma or its de-spiritalized foundation, cause-and-
effect.  They're both moot vis-a-vis zen.  Just more maya to clear
out of the way, more bullship to wade through.

In Zen Buddhism (upper case 'Z'), karma has a very important role, or
so I assume.

> Happy Thanks Giving,
> JM

Happy Now,
...Bill!

> Bill Smart wrote:
> >
> > I'm having trouble lurking...
> >
> > Karma does not have a position in zen.
> >
> > Karma is a belief in a lot of religions, like Buddhism, Hinduism
and
> > even Christianity - 'as you sow, so shall you reap', 'if
you're 'bad'
> > you'll go to hell but if you're 'good' you'll go to heaven',
etc...

> > Maintain a clear mind and karma is not relevant. How can YOU
generate,
> > accumulate and/or be affected by KARMA if there is no YOU?
> >
> > If however a clear mind is not maintained and there is a big fat
YOU