Anthony,

It is nonsense to think that humans could convey Buddha nature on to anything at all by thinking about them. Buddha nature is innate in all things.

Your ignorant Zhaozhou master needs a duck to teach him about Buddha nature!

Edgar

On Dec 19, 2008, at 9:47 AM, Anthony Wu wrote:

Karin,

Ducks have Buddha nature when we have sympathy with them. When you think about them in general terms, they should have no Buddha nature. Otherwise, you would attach to them. That is a teaching from Zhaozhou zen master.

Anthony

--- On Tue, 16/12/08, Karin <tortiller...@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: Karin <tortiller...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Zen] Ducks Have Buddha Nature?
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 16 December, 2008, 4:55 PM

I work at a shopping mall and there is a canal nearby and there are
lots of ducks in the area. I feed them out of the back of the store
sometimes, and they run towards me and I talk to them. That is fun.

However, many people dislike the ducks because they poop a lot, and I
have seen some people run them over with their cars when they are
driving through the shopping center. They have contempt for the ducks
and think that if the ducks are in the way of the car, it is OK to run
over them. This is very sad to me.

Get your preferred Email name!
Now you can @ymail.com and @rocketmail..com.