I have always thought the zen way to experience emotions is to experience them
FULLY and COMPLETELY. That is - when you have joy, soar with it, feel it into
your bones, BE joy. And the same with all other emotions - yes, even the
'unpleasant' ones. If one is mourning, then mourn fully, cry, wail and moan if
you feel like it, etc.

What I DON'T always do is act in the world on my emotions. If I get angry I
don't throw things or hit people. But I may go off by myself somewhere and cuss
and holler or whack a stone with a stick.

Artie

FROM: Over the hills and far away. . .
The way to do is be. Lao Tzu