Hi Mike,

It's certainly a strange situation here regarding the US-Japanese relationship.
Here's a country that had 2 atomic bombs dropped on it in living memory, yet
young people go around adopting the fashion of the country that did the bombing
(eg, wearing 'I love the USA' baseball caps etc).

Yep-- very couner-intuitive from that perspective.

My travels are purely hedonistic and have nothing to do with either Zen or my
job (teaching English). Anything I learn on my travels regarding understanding
women and how to chat them up will be a bonus ; )

Well then, may your adventure yield many fruits.  Sounds fun..

Have a great weekend.. k