From: Maria Lopez <flordel...@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: FW: Amazon book
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 16 November, 2010, 7:17 PM

ED:

Thank you for both links.  It's been particularly interesting reading
controversial Brad W reply in connection with Big Mind and Genpo Roshi...and my
conclusion about the whole thing is,  that hearts feel profoundly grateful for
having found Thich Nhat Hanh dharma in those years in which his home was not
too crowded, not too  polluted by westerners speculation, aggression and most
of it self, ego.  There are teachings that shouldn't be passed onto westerners
in such a light way.  Big Mind might be one of those (I wouln't know because
first hearing was in American websites) .  And yet there is the possibility
that in the original eastern environment (perhaps under a differente name)
have the effect of a most powerful way of breaking through the self by exposing
it. Building up a bond in the process with other practitioners sailing in the
same boat.

People don't want the simplicity of Buddhism and not certainly zen.  I wouldn't
put the blame to anyone but just in oneself incapacity of seeing what is there
presented in simplicity.  For instance Anthony himself has  pointed out more
than once the boredom of "just this" or sitting down.  We look for excitement
all the time.  No one external to blame afterwards if we get hurt but just
oneselves

Mayka