Your remark makes sense. However, karma is more than that. Your action has
immediate consequences, as well as those afterwards.

--- On Fri, 19/11/10, Chris Austin-Lane <> wrote:

From: Chris Austin-Lane <>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: FW: Amazon book
Date: Friday, 19 November, 2010, 7:11 AM

Is that what people mean by karma?  I was taught that "karma" means "action,"
and that the Buddha just meant that to be mean is an unpleasant state to be in;
the effect and the cause are indivisible, the very blindness that pushes the
brain towards being mean makes the heat of anger burn the brain a bit.  When
one is free enough from ego/blindness, the heat of anger has space in which to
dissapate harmlessly, and the more pleasant baseline state of our brain is