Ed, I don't use sensation that way. It is just a feeling without thoughts. Usually feeling without thoughts are more truthful. :-)

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org

On 11/26/2010 5:06 PM, ED wrote:

JMJM,

'Sensation' has a specific meaning in Theravadin Buddhism:

"Sensation: Feeling or sensations are of six forms: vision <http://groups.yahoo.com/wiki/Vision>, hearing <http://groups.yahoo.com/wiki/Hearing>, olfactory <http://groups.yahoo.com/wiki/Olfactory> sensation, gustatory <http://groups.yahoo.com/wiki/Gustatory> sensation, tactile <http://groups.yahoo.com/wiki/Tactile> sensation, and intellectual sensation (thought)."

Source: Table in: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prat%C4%ABtyasamutp%C4%81da

Is this definition (which includes throught) what you have in mind?

--ED