Hi Ed,

In the year 600, XuanZang, a most famous Chinese monk, well-respected Buddhism scholar, went to India in search for Yogacarabhumi sutra, (not sure of its correct name).

Chan practice contains many similar parallels to yoga. I.e. in our school we have Dong Chan, or Chan exercise, in addition to Sitting Chan, originated from Bodhisdharma, (it was so said). We exercise before we sit down. Same as yoga.

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org