JMJM,

It is my belief that 'sensations' are used in one of two different
senses in ancient Buddhist texts. See below. If my belief is correct,
then it is undesirable to create a new interpretation for 'sensations'
all on one's own, and without even informing the reader of the change.

"The five Skandhas are 1) Form—The eyes, ears, tongue body and mind
2) Sensations—The raw data that is derived from sight, sound, smell,
taste, touch and thought, 3) Perception—The classification of those
sensations, 4) Mental Formations—Actions linked to thought such as
greed, anger and ignorance or wisdom, compassion and enlightenment,
lastly 5) Consciousness—Our awareness of the previous four
skandhas."

II

"The second skandha is sensation, often time called feeling.  This later
is misguiding though as it could mean a mix of any of the other
skandhas.  Sensations are the judgment we pass on a perception we gain
through the experience of the 6 senses.  This judgment, be it pleasant,
unpleasant or neutral (the three modes) will determine our future
interactions with that sensation.  This leads to craving of the pleasant
sensations and rejection of the unpleasant one.  This in turn leads to
suffering."