Steve,

I knew that was how I did things when I was younger and wanted a red Corvette.  
I rationalized that it would keep its value and would be safer to drive because 
people could more easily see the red color.

That also applies to driving drunk.  When you're drunk you should drive as fast 
as you can so you reduce the time you're on the road.

And besides, if I stated that in a previous post and then looked it up on the 
internet, that would be just like the process both you and I have described.

...Bill!

--- In [email protected], "SteveW" <eugnostos2000@...> wrote:
>
> 
> 
> --- In [email protected], "Bill!" <BillSmart@> wrote:
> >
> > The crux of this argument is not WHETHER you judge things to be good or 
> > bad, but HOW you judge things to be good or bad.  If you use your 
> > intellect, rationality (discriminating mind) to judge things you are liable 
> > to be let down.  If the judgement is coming from Buddha Mind (and then it's 
> > not really a judgement but a 'seeing' or 'knowing') then you will never be 
> > led astray.
> > 
> > ...Bill! 
> > 
>   Hi Bill! It may be of interest to you to know that the latest solid 
> research in neurology, backed-up by hard experimental evidence, is that we 
> judge such things on an unconscious level and only after this do we come up 
> with a conscious rationalization. I invite you to research this online. So we 
> never actually use the discriminating intellect to form our value judgements. 
> Steve
>




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to