--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "ED" <seacrofter001@...> wrote:

> Every individual is at the type and level of consciousness that he/she
> possesses at the present time, and this may evolve with age.
>
> Is any of these positions 'better' or 'worse'? The 'rational' mind can
> always be dragged in to 'justify' a position, whatever it might be.
>
> --ED

  Hi Ed. In my opinion, which may very well be mistaken, one should not fall
into a nihilistic relativism when considering such things. IMO, one of the
inherent dangers of Zen practice is "falling into emptiness" and thinking that
any behavior or thinking is just as good as any other.
If you wish to be happy and have other people also be happy, then what you
think, say and do really matters. As I said before, this is just my opinion,
and I may simply be deluded. May all be happy!
Steve