--- In [email protected], "SteveW" <eugnostos2000@...> wrote:
>

> Hi Ed. In my opinion, which may very well be mistaken, one should not
fall into a nihilistic relativism when considering such things. IMO, one
of the inherent dangers of Zen practice is "falling into emptiness" and
...

> ... thinking that any behavior or thinking is just as good as any
other.

Hi Steve - no, I make no moral judgment. I merely *observe* that an
individual's moral code is almost always biased in favor of self,
family, ethnic group, religion, nation or other group he/she feels
bonded to.


> If you wish to be happy and have other people also be happy, then what
you think, say and do really matters. As I said before, this is just my
opinion, and I may simply be deluded. May all be happy!
> Steve

Yes, but who cares if over a million Iraqis lost their lives because the
dynamic duo felt they were doing the right thing, approved by none other
than God himself.

--ED




> --- In [email protected], "ED" seacrofter001@ wrote:
> >
> > Every individual is at the type and level of consciousness that
he/she
> > possesses at the present time, and this may evolve with age.
> >
> > Is any of these positions 'better' or 'worse'? The 'rational' mind
can
> > always be dragged in to 'justify' a position, whatever it might be.
> >
> > --ED


Reply via email to