I appreciate your going out on a limb here.

I like your explanation and find it quite clear.

My question tho was more like, if your body/mind is calm and balanced, how
can that mental state not enter the sensual experience of
sight/sound/tasting/etc.?  If you have sensory experience on a day that you
are jet lagged and a loved one has been disappointed by you, or whatever it
is that might nudge you from calm and balanced ("death of a favorite
student"), that sensory experience will reflect the sensory experience of
your 'inner' equilibrium as clearly as it reflects the sensory experience
of heat or cold or a still wall and solid cushion.

How can a line be drawn between "sensed experiencing via introspective
sense" and "sensed experiencing via 'external' sense"?  Still wondering
how, I can certainly appreciate the utility of such a fundamental dualism
to thought, especially in helping people allow their minds to uncrinkle.

Please forgive my pedantic and persistent questoning.

Thanks,
--Chris
301-270-6524