Why do you need 3x LSI SAS3081E-R? The back plane has LSI SAS x36 expander so
you only nedd 1x 3081E. If you want multipathing, you need E2 model.

Second, I'd say use Seagate ES 2 1TB SAS disk especially if you want
multipathing. I believe E2 only supports SAS disks.

I have Supermicro 936E1 (LSI SAS X28 expander) as diskshelf and LSI 3080X on
head unit, Intel X25-E as ZIL, works like charm. Your setup is very well
supported by Solaris.

For motherboard, my Supermicro X8SAX and X8ST3 both work well with Solaris. You
may want dual proc board that supports more memory. ECC is given on i7 based
when using XEON.