On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 12:41:36PM -0700, Ian Collins wrote:
> Not work on what way?
>
> I have a client who makes extensive (more like excessive!) use of ACLs
> on ZFS and we don't see any problems.  Other than the ridiculous
> complexity of some of the ACLs that have grown over time.

>From my perspective, the fact that any random process can come along and
do a legacy chmod() and destroy your acl falls pretty clearly into the
"not work" camp <sigh>... That and the fact that an NFSv4 exclusive open
destroys an inherited ACL :(. If you can somehow keep things from trying
to poke legacy mode bits and don't use NFS, maybe you're ok.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu