On 09/14/11 12:21 AM, Peter Tribble wrote:
I just tried on a U9 and U10 box. On the U10 system, I did a
simple 'chmod g+s' on a directory with an ACL, and wham, the
ACL vanished. Same operation on U9, and the ACL is preserved.

(This doesn't affect me all that much, as ACLs on ZFS have never
really worked right, so anything where the ACL is critical gets stored
on ufs [yuck].)

Not work on what way?

I have a client who makes extensive (more like excessive!) use of ACLs on ZFS and we don't see any problems. Other than the ridiculous complexity of some of the ACLs that have grown over time.

--
Ian.