Recently someone posted to this list of that _exact_ situation, they loaded
an OS to a pair of drives while a pair of different drives containing an OS
were still attached. The zpool on the first pair ended up not being able to
be imported, and were corrupted. I can post more info when I am back in the
office on Monday.

On Friday, October 21, 2011, Fred Liu <> wrote:
>> 3. Do NOT let a system see drives with more than one OS zpool at the
>> same time (I know you _can_ do this safely, but I have seen too many
>> horror stories on this list that I just avoid it).
> Can you elaborate #3? In what situation will it happen?
> Thanks.
> Fred

Paul Kraus
-> Senior Systems Architect, Garnet River ( )
-> Sound Coordinator, Schenectady Light Opera Company ( )
-> Technical Advisor, RPI Players