On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Mike Gerdts <mger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some people have trained their fingers to use the -f option on every
> command that supports it to force the operation.  For instance, how
> often do you do rm -rf vs. rm -r and answer questions about every
> file?

    The last time I tried it, the SUN / ORACLE java webconsole plugin
for ZFS used the -f option on every command issued, including zpool
create and zpool import ... very dangerous in my opinion, which is
part of the reason I don't use that interface.

Paul Kraus
-> Senior Systems Architect, Garnet River ( http://www.garnetriver.com/ )
-> Sound Coordinator, Schenectady Light Opera Company (
http://www.sloctheater.org/ )
-> Technical Advisor, RPI Players