On 05/28/12 11:01 PM, Sašo Kiselkov wrote:
On 05/28/2012 12:59 PM, Ian Collins wrote:
On 05/28/12 10:53 PM, Sašo Kiselkov wrote:
On 05/28/2012 11:48 AM, Ian Collins wrote:
On 05/28/12 08:55 PM, Sašo Kiselkov wrote:
On 05/28/2012 10:48 AM, Ian Collins wrote:
To follow up, the H310 appears to be useless in non-raid mode.

The drives do show up in Solaris 11 format, but they show up as
unknown, unformatted drives.  One oddity is the box has two SATA
SSDs which also show up the card's BIOS, but present OK to
Solaris.

I'd like to re-FLASH the cards, but I don't think Dell would be
too happy with me doing that on an evaluation system...
If the drives show up at all, chances are you only need to work around
the power-up issue in Dell HDD firmware.

Here's what I had to do to get the drives going in my R515:
/kernel/drv/sd.conf

sd-config-list = "SEAGATE ST3300657SS", "power-condition:false",
                    "SEAGATE ST2000NM0001", "power-condition:false";

(that's for Seagate 300GB 15k SAS and 2TB 7k2 SAS drives, depending on
your drive model the strings might differ)
How would that work when the drive type is unknown (to format)?  I
assumed if sd knows the type, so will format.
Simply take out the drive and have a look at the label.
Tricky when the machine is on a different continent!

Joking aside, *I* know what the drive is, the OS as far as I can tell
doesn't.
Can you have a look at your /var/adm/messages or dmesg to check whether
the OS is complaining about "failed to power up" on the relevant drives?
If yes, then the above fix should work for you, all you need to do is
determine the exact manufacturer and model to enter into sd.conf and
reload the driver via "update_drv -vf sd".

Yes I do see that warning for the non-raid drives.

The problem is I'm booting from a remote ISO image, so I can't alter /kernel/drv/sd.conf.

I'll play more tomorrow, typing on a remote console inside an RDP session running in a VNC session on a virtual machine is "interesting" :)

--
Ian.