Mark Gregson wrote:

> > To test this out - what are the current or former occupations of the apostles?
>
> Here are some of the former occupations of all the current apostles.  Neither
>President Hinckley nor President Packer could have become wealthy from their
>employment, so Paul's theory fails in those cases (granted, they may have made money
>from their books, investments, consulting fees, etc.).  All or almost all the
>Brethren have university degrees and several have multiple degrees.  None appear to
>have been mainly manual labourers.
>
> President Hinckley: employee of the Church since completing his mission.

Specifically, most of his later Church career, professionally speaking, was spent in
either journalism- or public affairs-related positions.

> President Monson: general manager of Deseret Press.

So does he report to Sister Dew now? (who's president and CEO of Deseret Book Co.)
[just teasing. I know that Pres. Monson is no longer the GM of Deseret News]

--
Marc A. Schindler

“We do not think that there is an incompatibility between words and deeds; the worst
thing is to rush into action before the consequences have been properly debated…To
think of the future and wait was merely another way of saying one was a coward; any
idea of moderation was just an attempt to disguise one’s unmanly character; ability to
understand a question from all sides meant that one was totally unfitted for action.”
– Pericles
about his fellow-Athenians, as quoted by Thucydides in “The Peloponessian Wars”

Note: This communication represents the informal personal views of the author solely;
its contents do not necessarily reflect those of the author’s employer, nor those of
any organization with which the author may be associated.