Paul Osborne wrote:

I was referring to Stake President and up. They have money and prestige.
There are plenty of talented yet poor High Priests who never get the call because they don't have money. Money is a prerequisite to those callings.

===============================
Grampa Bill responds:
I know of one SP who was a mechanic until his business went bust just before his call, He then sold house trailers for a while but was terminated because of too few sales. After a period of unemployment he want to work as a machinist for the county.
I know of another who was (and is) an electronic technician.
As for the importance of being a High Priest, I submit the following from the Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson_

Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, p.604
The temple work for the fifty-six signers of the Declaration of Independence and other Founding Fathers has been done. All these appeared to Wilford Woodruff when he was president of the St. George Temple. President George Washington was ordained a high priest at that time. You will also be interested to know that, according to Wilford Woodruff's journal, John Wesley, Benjamin Franklin, and Christopher Columbus were also ordained high priests at that time.

It is my understang that others of the founding fathers were ordained Elders as is common practice today when the dead receive their temple work. I'm not sure of the significance of these ordinations but thought I'd throw them out there.

"Don't waste the atonement."
Sue Woodbury, Oct. 20, 2002

Love y'all,
Grampa Bill in Savannah

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///