[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Marc wrote:
>

> > > Which is exactely the point made in Quigley's, _Tragedy and Hope_ and
> > > Skousen's, _The Naked Capitalist_, Gary Allen's, _None Dare Call It
> Consp> iracy_
> > > and many other book.
> > >

> > No it's not. They just attack ideology. There is not one mention in None
> Da> re Call
> > it Conspiracy or the Naked Conspiracy that I can recall (I haven't read
> Qui> gley's
> > book) about U.S. thwarting of the development of democracy in Cuba.
>
> I guess you missed the point then. All of the above mentioned books document
> how U.S. Capitalists helped various communists and communist regimes come to
> power.

Stay tuned. It wasn't just communist regimes they helped to power. They helped
*anyone* who would protect their interests, regardless of ideology. That was my
point when I said that ideological readings of history are oversimplifications.

--
Marc A. Schindler

“We do not think that there is an incompatibility between words and deeds; the
worst thing is to rush into action before the consequences have been properly
debated…To think of the future and wait was merely another way of saying one was
a coward; any idea of moderation was just an attempt to disguise one’s unmanly
character; ability to understand a question from all sides meant that one was
totally unfitted for action.” – Pericles about his fellow-Athenians, as quoted by
Thucydides in “The Peloponessian Wars”