John,

Scientists are free to indulge their fancy.  Obviously there's little
historic evidence to substantiate supposedly "prehistoric" events.  For
many science devotees, one basic premise is that nothing supernatural
exists.  In  science to acknowledge the existence or act of God is an
awful heresy.  Of course the bible simply assumes that readers have
implicit faith in the existence of God.  Therefore the science nazis
have to invent ways to discount biblical history.

Some of them can do this without being overtly arrogant and patently
offensive, but many cannot.  As far as I can tell, the "scientists"
first tactic in arguing this position is to label anyone who doesn't
agree an ignorant superstitious moron.  While this may satisfy their own
requirements for determining the winner of an argument, it seldom
answers the objections of "science dissidents" or "science apostates".
And of course the scientists in their cliques don't feel obligated to
respect or cater to morons.  For them, it certainly would be more
gratifying to feed each other's egos, and pretend that all their
theories have been "critically reviewed".

When they are learned...

As to some of your other points.

I have long been fascinated by a science discipline referred to as
"ethnobotany".  This is a narrowly focused study attempting to discern
the natural origins of domestic plant species.  In fact, it is a
singularly unproductive study, because it is generally found that the
existence of domestic strains extends back before historic times.
Nobody really knows for sure where the ancestors of most modern
cultivated plants arose.  The studies return results that are strikingly
similar to the fruits of anthropologists efforts to find a proto-human
ancestor.

---
Mij Ebaboc