Perhaps this might help. Richley Crapo is an LDS anthropologist at Utah State
(Logan). This is forwarded from Scripture-L with his permission:

My initial reference is from information provided to me by Lou Midgley at BYU, and
I also have his permission to quote him on Murphy's lack of professional
credentials, relatively speaking (he's the head of anthropology at a small NW
Washington state community college where the only other anthropology instructor is
a part-timer).

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 30/11/02 13:19 PM >>>
Perhaps we have a clue as to why a 35-year-old instructor at a community
college has thusfar failed to achieve his PhD., despite having submitted
several theses on various topics.  I'll ask you the same thing I asked
Brant, Richley: do you mind if I forward this to a couple of apologetics
lists I'm on?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Jim Cobabe:
>
> Saturday, November 30, 2002
>
> BY PATTY HENETZ
> THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
>
> A graduate student at the University of Washington says
> he likely will be excommunicated next week for articles he
> has written questioning the validity of the Book of Mormon.
>
> Harold Stuart:
>
> I've actually read this guy's paper.  It's sad ...
>
> _______________
>
> Is there a link to the AP article (or others) or to the paper
> itself?
>
> It is sad, but there will be questions at work this week,
> and I would like to be up to speed on this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Larry Jackson
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Only $9.95 per month!
> Visit www.juno.com

“Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick
himself up and continue on” – Winston Churchill