No, but I know the guy. Don't agree with him on everything.

But all I can say is I cannot judge you, Ron. Only your words. And if 
you feel offended by my judging of your words, then either I am truly 
misunderstanding them (as are others, I might add), you are failing at 
putting your true feelings/intentions down in words, or you are saying 
what you mean and are offended because my words cut to the core?

I am not sorry for my words against gay marriage or gay activities of 
any kind. I pray for those who have this illness (I see it on the same 
level as drug addiction or alcoholism, but as a graver sin). But I don't 
cut them slack simply because they have several television programs on 
now that showcase them. Nor do I cut them slack because they have a 
victim mentality. They are in need of repentance, much more than they 
need a kind word from me. I don't want to make them feel good in their 
current circumstances, just so they can burn in hell later for not 
repenting.  Recognition of an addiction is the first step toward 
resolution. And with addicts of any kind, it is a difficult row to hoe; 
but one they must hoe regardless of any circumstances.

But to ignore their actions and lifestyles is to encourage them to 
greater demands, until they no longer are on the fringes, but in the 
center of the attention.  The BoM shows that slippery slope, and I don't 
think I need to be involved in it. As with Jacob, if I want to have my 
garments clean from others' sins, I must speak out boldly against 
serious sins, whether it is popular or not, whether it is enjoyable to 
do or not.

I don't know how you feel on things, Ron; because you say one thing, but 
then your words seem to contradict. Or at least your words portray a 
willingness to ignore others' sins because you fear to appear 
judgmental.  If I'm misreading this, please let me know, because I do 
want to understand your position. But if your words say something I 
disagree with, I'll be clear to question those words in order to get you 
to clarify (which I must admit, seems to be a hard thing for you to do, 
as you usually waive off opportunities to specify what you really mean). 
If I agree, I'll say I agree. If I totally disagree, I will attempt to 
be kind, but I may show harshness to words that contradict themselves, 
as I feel you have done in the discussion with gay marriage.

Gary Smith

Ron Scott wrote:
> 
> Are you related to Red Davis?
> 
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: Gerald Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 4:31 PM
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: RE: [ZION] Worth reiterating...
> >
> >
> >So are you or are you not saying that bestiality is
> >okay? If the state
> >gets out of the marriage business and some strange
> >religion chooses to
> >marry off its virgins to animals, is that then
> >something that should be
> >lawful, simply because the government isn't into
> >marriage issues?
> >
> >I see an extremely slippery slope for society to slide
> >down if it
> >doesn't have some controls.
> >
> >While I don't necessarily want the federal government
> >to make laws on
> >marriage, I do want the states to be able to control
> >their own destiny.
> >If Massachusetts wants gay marriage, that is up to Mass. But it
> >shouldn't force itself upon any other state that refuses it.
> >
> >Gary Smith
> >
> >Ron Scott wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> >-----Original Message-----
> >> >From: John W. Redelfs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> >Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 2:29 PM
> >> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> >Subject: RE: [ZION] Worth reiterating...
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >RB Scott wrote:
> >> >>I do not support extramarital sex of
> >> >>any kind.
> >> >
> >> >What about sex within marriage if marriage is redefined
> >> >to permit a man to
> >> >marry his German Shepherd or his boy friend?  --JWR
> >>
> >>
> >> Don't ask absurd questions unless you want absurd
> >answers.  I've
> >> clearly stated that I am opposed to the state
> >defining marriage,
> >> which I regard as a religious covenant.  It seems to
> >me that we
> >> have long acknowledged that what is permissible under
> >the laws of
> >> the land may not be permissible in God's eyes.
> >>
> >> RBS
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >Gerald (Gary) Smith
> >geraldsmith@ juno.com
> >http://www.geocities.com/rameumptom
> >
> >////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
> >//////////////////////
> >///  ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at  ///
> >///  http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html      ///
> >////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
> >/////////////////////
> --
> 
> 



Gerald (Gary) Smith
geraldsmith@ juno.com
http://www.geocities.com/rameumptom

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///  ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at  ///
///  http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html      ///
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
--^----------------------------------------------------------------
This email was sent to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

EASY UNSUBSCRIBE click here: http://topica.com/u/?aaP9AU.bWix1n.YXJjaGl2
Or send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For Topica's complete suite of email marketing solutions visit:
http://www.topica.com/?p=TEXFOOTER
--^----------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to